Friday, February 18, 2011

Nature Walks!

It has been a rainy week off and on which makes getting some rays difficult! Thursday was Uni and taco night at Duporth Tavern in Maroochydore. Free busses were set up to take Uni students from Unicentral to tacos! Unfortunately, Jess, Tahlia, Nikki and I waited and waited and no bus came… so we chatted with some Canadians and then walked to the public bus station to get there. I was craving tacos all week and was so excited! Go figure that they had run out by the time we got there… not cool! It was my first time being ID’d before going into a bar and the bouncer stared at my ID for about 5 minutes making sure it was me (the blond hair fools everyone now). Once we got it, I quickly realized that I was more than ok with the drinking age set at 21 in America… the 18 year olds were so out of control and immature. It was hard to be around them. But, it was an experience none the less!



Friday us four girls took a bus with other Uni students to Kondalilla Falls Park and got to see tons of beautiful scenery, waterfalls and nature. We drove up tons of hills and were at quite an altitude compared to where we started. The hills are incredible here! It’s hard to imagine vehicles can actually make it all the way up the steep slopes. Because of all the rain, the park was a little more muddy and mushy than usual, so we got a little dirty. It was a long hike on uneven ground up and down this park. Quite the work out!!! Luckily most of the park was shaded by trees or we would have died! What is crazy about the scenery here is that there is so much depth to it, it’s impossible to capture it on camera and do it justice. After about a 2 hour hike it was time to load the bus again.

We had lunch at a cafĂ© in Maleny, a small town nearby. It was a quaint little place. Then it was time for our last adventure of the day! We drove to Mary Cairncross Rainforest  and got to walk around that for awhile. It was a much easier walk! It was my first time being in an actual rainforest so I was excited! The vegetation there is so unique. The trees and roots were so old and looked like nothing I have ever seen. I saw a Rainforest Wallaby but it ran away quickly. Luckily I didn’t come across any snakes! From the park we had a perfect view of the Glass House Mountains. If only my pictures did it justice. It was amazing!

Our bus tour was very tiring and hot so we were glad to hop in the pool when we got back! Then we had a taco night (because we were deprived before) at Tahlia’s apartment. Soo delicious. Life here is so happy and laid back. I could definitely get used to having less stress in my life… then again classes haven’t started yet. Looking forward to a fun weekend of the beach, shopping and relaxing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment